Keane, one of Britain’s most beloved bands, are back with a brand new UK tour and are coming to the Waterfront Hall on 07 October 2019.
The tour coincides with the launch of their new album Cause and Effect. Written by Keane and produced by David Kosten and the band themselves, Cause and Effect features 11 new songs recorded in London and Sussex. It is Keane’s fifth studio album; their four previous albums have all entered the UK charts at number 1 and accumulated sales of over 13 million worldwide and 2.6 billion streams.
The birth of this new album came as something of a surprise even to the band. Singer Tom Chaplin had released two successful solo albums but missed his old sparring partner Tim Rice-Oxley. “I found myself wondering how I had come to let this very enigmatic and important relationship in my life drift,” Tom says.
Meanwhile Tim found his life falling apart and from the ashes had written an album’s worth of incredibly personal songs fuelled by humour as well as pain. When Tom, bassist Jesse Quin and drummer Richard Hughes heard the songs, they were immediately drawn to them both sonically and lyrically.
“Hopes and Fears was a break-up album too, but it was about a break-up when I was 19,” Tim explains. “It’s a bit different when you’re older and you’ve got kids – your whole little world shifts on its axis.”
Best seat and merchandise bundle
- Includes a ticket for one of the best seats in the house
- Stainless steel, re-usable water bottle in black featuring Keane logo
- Organic cotton tote bag
- Show specific, digitally printed UK Tour poster (size A2)
- Badge set containing 4 Keane artwork badges in a cotton draw-string bag
Important ticket terms and conditions
- Tickets may only be purchased by individuals for personal use. Tickets may not be purchased by brokers, businesses, traders or for business or trade purposes, nor be offered for re-sale for profit or commercial gain.
- This ticket is sold by the Promoter directly to the Consumer. Any tickets purchased by business or traders in breach of the Terms & Conditions will be cancelled.
- This ticket is a personal, revocable licence and at all times remains the property of the Promoter. This ticket must be surrendered to the Promoter upon request.
- This ticket will immediately become invalid if resold or offered for sale unless the sale is through The Artist's official face-value resale partner, Twickets. Tickets purchased or sold via third parties and other unauthorised outlets such as Viagogo and Stubhub, including online auction sites, are not valid for admission. Reselling a ticket makes it void and the ticketholder may be refused entry.
- Refunds will only be offered in the event of cancellation or rescheduling. These must be requested from your point of purchase and can only be claimed by the person who made the booking. The refund will only cover the face value of the ticket and the associated booking fee.
- Only tickets purchased through the approved agents are valid for admission. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission.