Terms and Conditions
Ticket Terms and Conditions
These are the terms and conditions of sale ("Terms") of show tickets ("Ticket(s)"). Please take the time to read these Terms carefully prior to purchasing any Ticket. By purchasing a Ticket, you are agreeing to these Terms.
Any references to "BWUH", "we", "us" and "our" refer to Belfast Waterfront Ulster Hall Ltd. Any references to "you", "your", "purchaser" shall mean the person buying the Tickets. Any reference to "venue" shall mean the Waterfront Hall or the Ulster Hall as applicable. References to "website" shall mean www.ulsterhall.co.uk.
Please note that BWUH reserves the right to make changes, revisions, and amendments to these Terms without any prior notifications to you. Such changes will be duly reflected on the website.
1. BWUH provide no guarantees with respect to the availability of Tickets for any given event and provides no assurance that tickets will be available for purchase by the customer.
2. A valid Ticket entitles the holder to attend the event on the relevant date and at the relevant times as stated on the Ticket.
3. Tickets may be in the form of paper ticket, e-ticket, QR Code, email or printed PDF version. Please check your Ticket upon receipt as mistakes cannot always be rectified and any booked errors such as incorrect selection of seats cannot always be accommodated at our venues.
4. Once purchased, Tickets cannot be exchanged, resold or refunded.
5. For events with seated and standing arrangements, each Ticket provides you with the right to use a seat or to stand in an area (as applicable) of a value and location corresponding to that stated on your Ticket. Where it is not possible to allow you to occupy the specific seat/area printed on your Ticket we reserve the right to provide alternative seats/areas. In these circumstances, we will use reasonable endeavours to provide you with a seat/area of equal value to that which you purchased. Where we are unable to do so we will reimburse to you the difference in value of the seat/area we are able to provide, and the value of the seat/area printed on your Ticket. We shall have no further liability to you as a result of the change in seats/areas.
6. BWUH shall not liable for any Tickets which are lost, stolen or damaged, or for any electronic tickets that are not accessible due to your Ticket and/or device being inaccessible due to corruption, viruses, depleted batteries or otherwise damaged.
7. Unauthorised duplication or sale of any ticket may prevent admittance to the event.
8. Only tickets purchased through our website or approved agents or ticketing partners are valid for admission. Tickets sold via third parties and other unauthorised outlets, including online auction sites and non-ticket specific consumer to consumer websites (e.g. Viagogo) are not valid for admission. Tickets purchased using methods generated by a script, macro, ticket-bot, through the use of automated devices or any similar method, may be seized and/or cancelled without refund. Please contact our Customer Service team on the details below if you are unsure as to whether or not a person offering tickets for sale is an authorised ticket agent or a ticketing partner.
9. Ticket prices displayed on our website are subject to change, and any discounts or special offers cannot be applied retrospectively to tickets already purchased.
10. You and all attendees of the venue must follow our House Guidelines at all times and any other venue rules or regulations provided on entry to the venue.
11. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
12. BWUH reserves the right to refuse readmission to the venue. Customers must check with venue staff before they exit if they wish to re-enter.
13. All attendees may be subject to a search in a manner permissible under law. Refusal to consent may result in denied entry.
14. We reserve the right to provide alternative seats to those specified on a Ticket where it is not possible to allow you to occupy the specific seat printed on your Ticket.
15. Please note that seats located in the Lower Terrace/Upper Terrace of the Waterfront Hall and the Balcony of the Ulster Hall are not recommended for those who have a fear of heights, or suffer from vertigo. In these circumstances, alternative seats will not be offered or made available to persons who purchase these Tickets.
16. Customers are requested to address any specific access requirements in advance of their visit via our Accessibility Contact Form available here or by contacting our Customer Service team on the details below.
17. The standing area in both the Waterfront Hall and Ulster Hall is strictly limited to customers of age 16 years and older. If a ticket is purchased by or for a customer below this age access to the standing area will not be allowed, alternative seats will not be offered, and a refund will not be available to persons who purchase these Tickets.
18. Where there is no age restriction on an event or in respect of a venue, it will be the customer's responsibility to assess how suitable the event is for children and to follow the House Guidelines regarding children attending the venue.
19. BWUH reserves the right to refuse admission or remove a customer from the venue. At all times you must present a valid Ticket to gain entry to the venue and upon request for inspection at any time during the event. Failure to present your Ticket when requested may result in you being ejected from the venue.
20. You may be ejected from or refused entry into the venue and required to surrender any Tickets you hold, without compensation or a refund, if you refuse:
- a) to leave a prohibited item;
- b) to be searched; and/or
- c) in our reasonable opinion, you or your behaviour, or any item you are carrying might:
i. pose a health and safety risk to staff or other patrons ;
- ii. affect the enjoyment of other visitors;
- iii. affect the running of the event;
- iv. cause damage to or interfere with the property of BWUH;
- v. breach these Terms or the House Guidelines;
- vi. lead to a breach of any licensing conditions applicable at the venue;
- vii. breach of any rules and regulations exhibited on notices at the venue, such as (without limitation):
- (i) entering any backstage or prohibited areas;
- (ii) standing on seats or in walkways;
- (iii) climbing on the building structure;
- (iv) throwing any objects or substances onto the stage or into the crowd or at another visitor;
- (v) smoking, including e-cigarettes.
21. The unauthorised use of cameras, audio and video equipment is not permitted. Purchase of a Ticket means you consent to filming, photography and sound recording which may include you as a member of the audience and its use in commercial distribution without payment or copyright.
22. Food and drink may not be brought into any venue.
23. It is your responsibility to check that the event is going ahead at the date and time displayed on a Ticket. All advertised times are approximate and subject to change. Request for refunds were reasonable steps have been taken to inform customers of event times or reschedules, will not be provided.
24. Programs, events and event times are subject to change without notice. All decisions relating to Events being cancelled, postponed or materially changed and the refund policies of such Events, are dictated by the Event promoter and not the venue (Waterfront Hall or Ulster Hall). In the event of a cancellation of, postponement of or a material change to an Event:
24.1.1 Cancellation. You will be entitled to a refund unless otherwise notified directly by your point of purchase. Your refund will be processed automatically by your point of purchase within 30 days of cancellation, or within such other timescales as are notified by your point of purchase. If you do not receive your refund within 30 days or the applicable timeframe, please contact your point of purchase directly.
24.1.2 Postponement. You will be offered access to the rescheduled Event at no additional charge, using your original ticket. If you are unable to attend the rescheduled Event, refunds will be available from the point of purchase. You will be contacted by your point of purchase regarding the refund policy set by the relevant promoter for the Event, and (if a refund is available), you must liaise with your point of purchase in relation to all refunds.
24.1.3 Material Change. The promoter of the Event will work with the venue to determine if (i) there has been a material change to the Event and (ii) where a material change is found to exist, if you are entitled to a refund as a result of such material change. You will be contacted by your point of purchase regarding the refund policy set by the relevant promoter for the Event, and (if a refund is available), you must liaise with your point of purchase in relation to all such refunds. A cast change, the use of understudies, change of support act or an alteration to the running time of the event does not constitute a material change.
25. BWUH shall not be liable for any losses incurred for personal arrangements, such as travel or accommodation relating to the event.
26. BWUH accepts no responsibility or liability for any personal property.
Gift Voucher Terms and Conditions
These are the terms and conditions of sale of gift vouchers ("Terms"). By purchasing a gift voucher, you are agreeing to these Terms.
1. The gift voucher can be used as full or part payment of a ticket.
2. Only gift vouchers purchased directly from our venues are accepted.
3. Vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase, after which any remaining balance will be removed and the voucher will become invalid and no longer available for use. BWUH shall not be liable to refund any unused balances.
4. The show you choose to attend can be after the gift voucher expiry date, as long as the gift voucher is used prior to its expiry date.
5. Gift vouchers can only be redeemed against tickets and not against any food, beverage or merchandise purchases.
6. Gift vouchers are non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash. Cash refunds will not be available for tickets purchased with this voucher.
7. We cannot accept responsibility for your gift voucher if it is lost, stolen or damaged. It will not be replaced, or its value refunded in any of these circumstances.
8. All purchases are subject to availability and our standard terms and conditions of sale.
9. We reserve the right to update and change the terms and conditions of our gift vouchers at any time. This does not affect your statutory rights.
All gift vouchers purchased from 17 March 2020 will remain valid for 12 months from October 1 2021. Impacted customers will be notified of the new expiry date by email in due course.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The above terms and conditions shall be governed by Northern Irish law and those bound by them hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Northern Irish courts in connection herewith.
Customer Services team and complaints
If you have a complaint regarding a sale that you feel is not being resolved to your satisfaction please write to us at [email protected].